The Mandatory Post on #mumbairains !

My First Mumbai Rain !

I was so excited to share this one that I didn't even wait to get home and started writing it in the local train on my way itself. So lets quickly get into the flashback..


Why am I calling it my first Mumbai Rain ? I have been in Mumbai for 4 years, 2 months and 9 days. Have survived and celebrated 4 monsoons. But knowing the mood swings of Mumbai Rains, I always had an umbrella. Therefore.. Though I have had my first drizzly rain day, my first flood-y rain day, my first rainy day office holiday, my first stranded-on-road-for-hours rainy day... But I never had my no-umbrella-hence-the-rains day !

Just in the morning I thought, "The sky seems to lack clarity of thoughts, should I just carry one of the umbrellas." But rejected the thought maybe because of the hope to get wet finally ! (In rains, due to rains! #notdirty ) And it finally happened. ! Oh ! By the way did I mention I am a monsoon fan and love rains ? Even though I have the hair that hates Monsoon.
So I came out of my office after rejecting a lift by my colleague in her car. (yes, 'her') from office to my home, as I had made my traffic predictions that stated the local trains to be the logical option. . . And next I was standing under a shade analysing the probabilities of rains stopping for a min so I could get to the station. Now what ! But still, I decided to face it. I walked ahead... leaving everyone behind... head held low and covered with a scarf.. The temperature was dropping, the winds started going wild, people around started to murmur, those with the umbrellas stared at me.. 

On a normal rainy day, without an umbrella, you would find it easier to stay dry as you can walk under other's umbrellas and just so you know, people in Mumbai have umbrellas of the size of a tent. This is another place where, Size Does Matter ! First is clothing...
.
.
.
(Aww you cute lil pervert...) 
However today was no such day, because no one was ready for it. (No I am talking about Monsoons. Get back to the original topic !) There was only one fourth umbrella available per metre square area. So getting wet was inevitable. But it was such a delightful experience that I didn't realise, a guy had offered half of his umbrella to cover me but I was too excited by the rains to notice. Besides he was not even an inch cute. ( #nooffence #notjudgingSo managing between one puddle to other I managed to reach the station, while experiencing the touch of those round little drops of water.. So cold.. So pure.. 
Rest can be left to imagine. Thanks to Bollywood !

Conclusion.. Few things in life must be experienced when possible, few others should be planned and experienced and rest should be left to fate.. 

What followed was the humidity, describing which will make my post uninteresting. And since the rains were orgasmic, you can imagine what followed.. 

#mumbai #rains #firstrain #mumbairains #mumbairain #monsoon 

Do share your comments below and share the article if you're not too lazy..

Live and Let Live... Flash the Smile.. Share a Laugh.. Spread some Happiness.. :)




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I won't give up what I love ...

Just Some Girl's Diary !

How to grow money on trees! (1/5)