Why I won't give up what I love ...

I like to say and believe in the fact that I have control over my life. But there is one thing that never allows me to boast freely. There is one thing I can never get hold of. One thing I could… Never…. Ever…. Control. My gluttony !

It’s not that I am hungry throughout the day or don’t eat proper food. Even if I did follow a healthy eating regime, nothing could stop me from indulging into another meal if it evoked my senses. That’s the reason I don’t surf Facebook much at night, as most of the pages I follow are gourmet related and seeing those videos and posts while I am about to sleep after seemingly having eaten enough, would be a torture. I can actually hear my stomach rumble. Last week, when I fell seriously ill, I couldn’t bear the separation from the “good” food. Just imagine the pain of the girl who eats 4-5 restaurant made meals per week. 

Once we fall ill, the next step that most of us take is the worst we could do to ourselves. That is, depriving oneself of the food we love, specially when we are physically ill. Because physical illness does affect our emotional wellness too. I, however, am different ! B-)

I make sure that I eat the food that cheers me up. So, this time, while recovering during a weekend, I decided to have a good Italian treat but while also thinking about my health, I chose to cook it. Nothing is healthier than a meal you cook with your own hands with all fresh ingredients used in the right amount. So with the best of roomies by my side, we got into the kitchen and cooked up a vegetarian fusilli pasta in mix sauce. 

It certainly cheered me up and didn’t affect my health at all. The reason I share this with you is because, it’s not just about food. In order to succeed in anything we are always asked to give up. I say, why not make them a ladder to your success.

Why to give up yumm food if your stomach is ill ?

Why to give up your love to watch movies because you are unemployed and don’t have constant salary inflow ?

Why to give up on shorts or sleeveless clothes just because you have some fat or stretch-marks around your ‘limbs’ ?

Why to give up your hobby or passion just because a career in that won’t mint money ?

OK, I should eat healthy to help heal my stomach better, but will my disinterested state of mind, allow the ‘good’ enzymes to be released in my stomach and digest the food completely ? What if I add a bit of flavour in the home cooked food. It won’t cause any harm as long as everything is in controlled quantity. I still remember how my mumma used to create awesome dishes for me when I was down with jaundice. It had no oil, butter, no turmeric etc.. But it was still tasty. Why? Because she was determined to keep me healthy, physically and mentally.

OK, going to the movies requires tickets to be purchased, but there are hacks available and you could get the tickets for much lesser price. Worse, take a friend and make them pay and settle it later. Either that, or never crib about how you can’t go to movies because no money !

Ok, stretch-marks attract eyeballs, so does fat. But do you care that much ? Is anyone’s stare or comments more important than your ‘Being alive’. If the answer is, ‘no it looks odd’ and ‘I would look ********’ and ‘everyone will say *******’, well… then I have another article ready to be posted for you.

OK, maybe your love for a certain hobby won’t pay bills, but the jobs that pay bills, certainly give you enough time and opportunity to spare some time for that hobby. Coz honestly if you're in love with it, you wont care if you’re getting recognition in any form or not. You’ll just paint, sing, dance, run, cook, read, write, shop, laugh, create for yourself.



If not, then there’ll only be regrets. Kaash wo dress tab pehen li hoti.. Jab tak patle hue, tab tak dress ka colour fade ho gaya. Jab tak paise aaye, leave opportunities / saal ka aakhri long weekend chala gaya aur hum ghar me hi reh gaye. Jab dance karne ke liye waqt nikala tab tak kamar tod li. The more the regrets, the more you create a hostile environment for you and others around you to nurture— at home and at workplaces. So if not for yourself, live your life to the fullest for the sake of others around you(That’s harder !). We have absolutely no idea how long we’re gonna live. That is definitely THE THING we can’t control. But we can have control over our life, not by controlling and restricting the way we are, but by living !


Live and Let Live... Flash the Smile.. Share a Laugh.. Spread some Happiness.. 
:)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Just Some Girl's Diary !

How to grow money on trees! (1/5)